Knowing Six Sigma methodologies can give a significant boost to your career. Having a certification can validate your skills in the field and prove your commitment to improving businesses.
Professionals with the Six Sigma certification play a key role in improving the quality of business operations in their organization. They implement standard processes and establish quality measures to do so.
If you are interested in becoming a certified Six Sigma belt professional, you are in the right place. In this blog, we have discussed everything there is to know about them.
What are Six Sigma and Lean Six Sigma?
The Six Sigma methodology uses statistics and data analysis to analyze errors and reduce them. It also gives organizations the tools that help them improve their capabilities in management. It helps in improving the quality of products and services, improves employee morale, and increases profits.
Organizations nowadays use a combination of Six Sigma and Lean. Lean Six Sigma focuses on improving the performance of an organization by eliminating waste processes. According to this principle, resources must create value for the end customers. If not, the process should be eliminated.
What is the Six Sigma certification?
Six Sigma certification trains you to analyze processes and outcomes and reduce waste and defects for an organization.
Here are the five levels of Six Sigma certification.
The White Belt certification is the basic level certification that covers all the basic concepts of Six Sigma. It validates your knowledge of the basic definition, history, and structure.
Yellow Belt-certified people know the specifics of Six Sigma and how to apply them. They can contribute to a project fully and even guide limited-scope projects.
Green Belt professionals can lead projects and assist Black Belts as they know how to resolve quality issues and are well-versed in developing and improving processes.
Black Belt plan and lead complex projects and organizational changes. They also provide training and supervise projects led by Green Belt, apart from driving organization-wide changes.
Master Black Belt
At the highest level, Master Black Belt design strategy, create metrics, and coordinate teams. They have excellent leadership and problem-solving skills.
Requirements and cost for Six Sigma certification
The three most prestigious organizations offering Six Sigma certifications are as follows.
- American Society for Quality (ASQ)
- Council for Six Sigma Certification (CSSC)
- International Association for Six Sigma Certification (IASSC)
The different levels of certifications have different requirements. Let us discuss them.
For IASSC certifications
IASSC also offers a Lean Six Sigma certification for each level.
- Yellow Belt Certification (Cost $195): You have to achieve a minimum score of 70% in the IASSC Certified Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Exam.
- Green Belt Certification (Cost $295): You have to achieve a minimum score of 70% in the IASSC Certified Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Exam.
- Black Belt Certification (Cost $395): You have to achieve a minimum score of 70% in the IASSC Certified Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Exam.
For ASQ certifications
- Yellow Belt Certification (Cost $422): There are no requirements.
- Green Belt Certification (Cost $469): You must have 3 years of experience in one or more areas of the Certified Six Sigma Green Belt Body of Knowledge.
- Black Belt Certification (Cost $568): You must have at least three years of on-the-job experience in one or more areas of the CSSBB Body of Knowledge. You must also have done one completed project with a signed affidavit or two completed projects with a signed affidavit.
If you are looking to scale up your professional skills, an ASQ certification can be a great help.
For CSSC certifications
- White Belt Certification (Free): There are no requirements.
- Yellow Belt Certification (Cost Rs. 8,117.73): There are no requirements.
- Green Belt Certification (Cost Rs. 13,037.57): There are no prerequisites for this certification. However, if you want to take the Six Sigma Green Belt certification Level II exam, you must have this certification.
- Black Belt Certification (Cost Rs. 18,777.38): There are no prerequisites for this certification. However, if you want to take the Level II exam, you must have this certification.
CSSC also has Level II, Level III, and a Master Black Belt certification.
Why should you get a Six Sigma certification?
If you are wondering why you should get Six Sigma certified, here are some benefits.
- Improve business processes
- Increase your value
- Help you get excellent salary packages
- Help you rise quickly to managerial positions
- Get hands-on experience in quality management through certification training.
Now that you know about the different Six Sigma certifications, go ahead and get yours.
Go to Homepage.