Rose water is a (super)natural ingredient that has been used as the base of many powerful beauty products for thousands of years because of how well it heals and hydrates. Today, rose water has a number of surprising new uses and health benefits that dermatologists say can make your beauty routine and life in general better.
ROSE WATER IS WHAT?
Rose water is a liquid that is often made by letting rose petals soak in water for a while. It can also be made by using steam to boil rose petals.
This powerful beauty potion helps heal, hydrate, and keep the pH balance of your skin.
One of the most common ways to use rose water is to make a toner with it. This is a natural, effective, and smart way to take care of your skin.
WHY DOES ROSE WATER TONER HELP YOUR SKIN SO MUCH?
Rose water toners are made to clean the skin and make it look healthier by getting rid of dirt and oil. Rose water has many uses, from fighting free radicals to slowing the ageing process. Here are some of the most important benefits and everyday uses of rose water to help you understand how it can help you.
10 REASONS WHY ROSE WATER IS GOOD FOR YOUR HEALTH AND BEAUTY
- Rose water can make your skin feel better. Rose water can make your skin less red and puffy because it has anti-inflammatory properties. It is also often used to make acne and rosacea less painful.
- It slows down the ageing process. Rose water is often found in wrinkle-reducing beauty products. Rose water has antioxidants that stop free radical damage, which is one of the main causes of wrinkles, fine lines, and other signs of ageing.
- You can use it to take off (vegan) makeup. The best cleanser is rose water and coconut oil. This combination will both take off your makeup and keep your skin moist.
- Rose water is a great mist for your face. Cooling rose water facial mist sprays are great for preparing the skin for serums and creams, setting makeup, and refreshing the skin throughout the day.
- It can be used to make things smell good. Rose water smells nice, so it is often used instead of perfumes that are full of chemicals.
- Rose water is a very effective part of facial treatments. Rose water is often used in moisturisers, creams, serums, and toners to hydrate as a hydrating facial mist and plump the skin, making it look fresh and young.
- Rose water can be used as a mild way to tighten the skin. When rose water is used as an astringent or toner, it helps get rid of oily skin. Its astringent qualities also help keep the pH balance of the skin.
- It can make you feel better. Rose water has been shown to help people with depression and anxiety feel better. Its soothing aromatherapy effects calm stress and anxiety in a gentle way.
- Rose water can be used in place of a mouthwash. The International Journal of Pharmacognosy and Phytochemical Research did a study on rose water and gum disease in 2016. They found that rose water was more effective than other common treatments for gingivitis and other gum pathogens.
- It can be used to treat your hair. Rose water is a great natural conditioner that helps hair grow because it is nourishing and moisturising. It can also be used to get rid of dandruff and treat mild inflammations of the scalp.